If you are looking for something new to pair with your campground staples of hot dogs and burgers, these delicious fire-roasted red potatoes are just what you need! So, load up your Thor Motor Coach Sequence class B motorhome from Van City RV, grab some ingredients, and head out to your favorite campground to make this camping recipe.
- 6-8 baby red potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard — I recommend using the whole grain Dijon mustard because it adds a lovely crunch.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Thoroughly wash all the potatoes and cut them into wedges.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, mustard, honey, paprika, and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Add the potatoes and toss until completely coated.
- Make 2-4 packets from the heavy-duty aluminum foil and add the potatoes to the packets. Seal completely.
- After letting your fire burn all day, spread out the logs and set the packets of potatoes directly onto the coals.
- Allow the potatoes to cook for 10-15 minutes, and then flip the packets.
- Cook for another 10-12 minutes and check for tenderness. If the potatoes are browned and tender, they are ready to serve.
You’ll love this simple camping recipe that will make a great side-dish for all your favorite campground meals! If you’re looking for a new RV to take you on your adventures, shop the RVs for sale at Van City RV or contact us today!